Modern Slavery Act Policy
- Policy Statement of Intent
At Simplify Consulting we pride ourselves on being a responsible business committed to acting with integrity for our clients, our people, our suppliers and the wider community.
- undertakes to avoid causing or contributing to adverse human rights impacts through its own activities and to address such impacts when they occur; and
- seeks to prevent or mitigate adverse human rights impacts that are directly related to its operations, products or services through its business relationships.
As part of Simplify Consulting’s supply of services, we recognise that we have a responsibility to take a robust approach to slavery and human trafficking. In particular, Simplify Consulting is committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking within its business or suppliers and all are expected to comply with our values and policies on these matters. As part of our commitment to the UK Modern Slavery Act 2015 and eradicating modern slavery, Simplify Consulting thoroughly reviewed the Act’s obligations to ensure adherence.
The Directors of Simplify Consulting are accountable for the Modern Slavery Act Policy and ensure it is implemented effectively. All employees of Simplify Consulting have a responsibility for ensuring the Modern Slavery Act Policy is understood.
The directors undertake both periodic and ad-hoc reviews to ensure compliance with this policy.
Simplify Consulting has a zero-tolerance policy to slavery and human trafficking. We strive to work to the highest professional standards to help ensure that we comply with all laws and regulations applicable to the business. All our suppliers and alliances are expected to follow the same high standards.
In line with our values, we strive to understand our suppliers as well as sharing our values with them. Our existing ethics policies advocate these values and put in place protection to mitigate modern slavery and human trafficking risks.
Our ongoing risk assessment and due diligence of our suppliers has enabled us to get a high-level understanding of ethical and modern slavery risks. As a firm we continue to work closely with internal subject matter experts, including our procurement, anti-modern slavery and due diligence teams, to help ensure that we identify, assess and remediate modern slavery risks within our business.
- Other Policies
We have taken care to ensure that the relevant aspects of the Modern Slavery Act are covered within our existing policies, which include:
- Living Wage – Simplify Consulting is a key advocate of the living wage, supporting fair pay at work. We encourage all our suppliers to pay the living wage. This is an important aspect of our modern slavery position and helps to raise our employees and direct service providers out of working poverty.
- Whistleblowing – Simplify Consulting’s whistleblowing policy has been extended to include any suspicion or concern of modern slavery violations. We encourage all employees, suppliers and business partners to report any concerns. The whistleblowing policy is designed to make it easy for our reporters to make disclosures, without fear of any detrimental treatment.
The Directors of Simplify Consulting confirm the Modern Slavery Act Policy is implemented, embedded, regularly reviewed and tested on a regular basis.